Being Sucked...Sucks ;)

Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Too much screen time in 2018. I have thrown myself out of control because of these non-living gadgets. This idiotic machine has a power over me and my time? Really? After working so hard towards not letting people control my life, am i now surrendering to this tiny thing...it's not even a human being, damn! The urge to pick up the phone and keep peeping into it, the urge of being constantly connected to the world, the urge of telling the world what i am doing right now...WHY? Addiction is the word! Social media consumes you so badly....gone are the days of keeping our lives private. My conscious keeps telling me, "Congratulations. YOU -- Ms. Vaidya, deep-rooted & an intrinsic introvert, the one who really enjoys one-on-one conversations, who is not so much of a 'group person', and who believes in listening, observing & writing more than talking, have been successfully sucked into this SM cycle & the BTFO, YOLO & BAE world."

Even this blog....digitized version of my emotions! Once upon a time (when i was young - No, Stop-DELETE that info from your memory right now), i used to write a diary and hide it from everyone. It really had nothing 'that' confidential but i used to keep it in a so-called isolated space, keeping it a secret was some sort of a thrill. If not every night, i would  scribble in it quite often, it was a mix of prose & poetry, loads of frustrations from engineering days, bunch of love poems and a complete exaggeration of immature young feelings....hahaha! It's funny how little things become bigggg when you are a teenager. Hmmm, whatever it was, it has stayed with me and wasn't published in this digital world.

2019 resolution Yo...and it is as basic as regaining my 7 hours of night-time sleep. I am going to try and put this little gadget away and goto bed at 10:30pm every night (shut-up, don't laugh). I am going to care less about my virtual being. What am i going to achieve by knowing where the hell is Vicky Kaushal today, right? I will ignore his insta stories (he is hot, i know but duhhh...discipline, remember?). I won't clutter my little brain with everyone and anyone on this earth. Enough of this stupido-idiotulous-virtualicious-obsession. Let's keep it real and get working :)

So much more of the world to travel, 
There's still so much i want to write...
All those dreams i am yet to grab, 
So many memories to bring back...

 

3 comments:

Anu said...

Was thinking same and wrote diary at start of this year��

mithil said...

Always charge the phone half. my phoen dies at the evening so i can spend time with my wife. She feels good and so do I

abhijit said...

Even i had simikar thoughts... It's the easiest thing which getting tougher with time 😋